If you have lost your passport at a Turkish airport, it is important to act quickly to minimize any potential disruption to your travel plans. Here are some steps you should take:
- Report the loss to Turkish airport authorities: Contact the airport lost and found office or the police department to report that your passport has been lost.
|You can find Istanbul Airport Lost and Found Property offices, located at the Terminal Departing Passenger Floor or in front of the C3 gate after the Passport Control area.|
Bodrum Airport Lost and Found office phone number is +90 252 511 10 00
- Next , your shoyld contact your embassy or consulate as soon as possible to request a replacement passport. You will need to provide proof of your identity and citizenship, as well as pay a fee for the replacement passport.
- Cancel any your credit cards or traveler’s checks linked to your passport: If your passport was linked to any credit cards or traveler’s checks, you should cancel them as soon as possible to prevent unauthorized use.
- Make a list of all your travel documents: Make a list of all the travel documents that were in your passport, such as visas and vaccination records, so you can replace them if necessary.
- Make alternative travel arrangements: If you are unable to get a replacement passport in time for your planned travel, you may need to make alternative travel arrangements or cancel your trip.
It is a good idea to make copies of all your important travel documents and keep them in a separate location from the originals. This can help to minimize the impact of a lost or stolen passport.